With the summer heat, selling a home takes on a new twist! Some home staging tips may help your home “feel” cooler, lighter and more comfortable all at the same time! Without spending a fortune, you can lighten up the interiors easily.
1. Change the drapes to sheers or lighter colored curtains that block the harshest sun but give a light, airy appearance.
2. Change throw pillows to light colored options or add a light colored throw to brighten the living spaces and give things a summery feel.
3. Small rugs in bright colors can replace those darker ones and add a light summery touch.
3. Try a new shower curtain, some lighter colored towels and a small vase of colorful flowers in the bathroom.
4. An inexpensive bright colored bedspread can go a long way toward freshening the bedroom.
5. Create a summery feel with a few indoor plants or a vase of flowers.
6. Remember that odors can be intensified in the heat. Be careful to clean up after pets, and leave windows open or fans on for a fresh circulation of air as needed.
7. Maximize the appeal of any outdoor spaces by creating a “moment” in time. Leave the outside umbrella up and a few chairs gathered together. Leave a book on the table beside a chair, or a fresh glass of water. A few toys in the yard or a waiting bicycle all invite the buyer to imagine themselves enjoying your/their home.
Make the most of what you have and the buyers may make it their own!