Cambridge MA Graham and Parks School District
Graham and Parks is the result of joining two schools in 1981 -- the Cambridge Alternative Public School (CAPS), which was a small, nationally acclaimed magnet school, and the Webster School, which was a small, traditional neighborhood school. The School was renamed after Rosa Parks (1913 – 2005), inspiration for the modern civil rights movement, and Sandra Graham, a local activist for social, racial and economic justice. The school was located on Upton Street from 1982 until 2003, when we moved to 44 Linnaean Street.
Students register for school at the Family Resource Center (617-349-6551). Most admissions occur at the kindergarten level, though there are usually some students admitted at most grade levels. As much as demographics allow, we balance classes by race, gender, socioeconomic class, and learning needs/styles. Read more about the Graham and Parks Alternative School.